Read our new report!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Go Fresh Mobile Farmers Market project pivoted to providing free boxes of fresh produce to older adults at housing and senior-centers, as well as patients and families identified by healthcare and social service partners.
By the end of the 27-week project, there were 19 site locations serving older adults and families in Springfield. Go Fresh distributed over 5000 boxes of fresh produce, 300 social isolation care packages, 900 sets of PPE, and much more!
Increase your SNAP benefits with the Healthy Incentive Program
Go Fresh is one of only four Springfield locations for residents to participate in the Healthy Incentive Program (HIP), which allows individuals who are eligible for SNAP benefits to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables that they can purchase. Learn how the HIP program works
Go Fresh Mobile Farmer’s Market (GFMM) Committee
- YMCA of Greater Springfield (Market Management)
- Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts (Convening/Overall Coordination)
- Gardening the Community (Partner)
- Baystate Health
- Caring Health Center, Inc.
- City of Springfield Health and Human Services/ Mass in Motion
- Mosque 13
- Springfield Housing Authority