Are you concerned about air quality and asthma?
Join our Advisory Committee!
We are working to set up a network of air quality monitors in Springfield, Chicopee, and Holyoke. We are looking for residents to participate in the process to set up and monitor the air quality sensors. Residents will help with the following:
- Help environmental partners to identify air quality monitoring sites in each city.
- Help create community messaging about the installation of the air quality monitors and ways to use the information to inform the community
- Build an understanding of climate resilience and environmental justice initiatives and advocacy in Springfield, Chicopee, and Holyoke.
- Promote and share other climate resilience and environmental justice initiatives efforts in the community
- Resident Advisors receive a $100/month stipend. Project runs from April- June.
To apply to be a Resident Advisor, please fill out this google form or please contact Samantha Hamilton, Live Well Springfield Manager, Public Health Institute of Western MA or 413-794-2807.
This project is a collaboration of the following organizations: Live Well Springfield, Pioneer Valley Asthma Coalition, ReGreen Springfield, City of Springfield, City of Holyoke, Earthwatch, and Yale School of Public Health. Funding provided by the MA Attorney General’s Office of Environmental Enforcement and MA Municipal Vulnerability Program.
April 14: Community Dialogue on Air Quality Monitoring and Greening Springfield
- A Virtual Community Planning and Action Discussion
- Open to All Ages and Interests
- Residents From All Neighborhoods Invited
April 14, 2021 • 6:00 – 7:00 PM via Zoom and Facebook Live
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND RECEIVE LOG-ON INFORMATION